The purpose of this Customer Service Agreement is to notify each customer of the plumbing restrictions, which are in place to provide this protection. Quadvest, L.P. (“Utility”) is responsible for protecting the drinking water supply from contamination or pollution, which could result from improper plumbing practices. The Utility has adopted the Uniform Plumbing Code. Any extension and/or new facilities shall comply with that code and all standards established by the TCEQ. Where conflicts arise, the more stringent standard must be followed. The piping and other equipment on the premises furnished by the Customer will be maintained by the Customer at all times in conformity with the requirements of the applicable regulatory authorities and all tariffed service rules of Utility. No other water service will be used by the Customer on the same property in conjunction with Utili ty’s service, either by means of a cross-over valve or any other connection. Customer shall not connect, or allow any other person or party to connect onto any water lines on his premises. The Utility enforces these restrictions to ensure the public health and welfare. Each customer must sign this Agreement before the Utility will begin service. In addition, when the service to an existing connection has been suspended or terminated the Utility will not re-establish service unless it has a signed copy of this agreement.
Customer shall be liable for any damage or injury to Utility owned property or personnel by the customer or others under his control. Customer agrees to take no action to create a health or safety hazard or otherwise endanger, injur e, damage, or threaten Utility’s plant, its personnel, or its customers.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND EASEMENTS:
Utility will have the right of access and use of the Customer’s premises at all times for the purpose of installing, inspecting or repairing water and or sewer mains, meters, and all other equipment used in connection with its provision of water and or sewer service, or for the purpose of removing its property and disconnecting lines, and for all oth er purposes necessary to the operation of the Utility’s system. The customer will install, at his own expense, a service line from the water meter, including a cut off valve on the customer’s side of the meter. The customer will be responsible for the mainten ance and repair of this service line and will release and hold Utility harmless from any claims/demands for damage to real or personal property occurring beyond the point the customer connects to the water meter.
Applicants for service at new consuming facilities or facilities which have undergone exten sive plumbing modifications, including remodeling, are required to deliver to the Utility a certificate that their facilities have been ins pected by a state-licensed inspector and that they are in compliance with all applicable plumbing codes are free of p otential hazards to public health and safety. Service may be denied until the Customer Service Inspection (CSI) is received or any identified violation s or hazards are remedied. When potential sources of contamination are identified that require the inst allation of a backflow prevention device, such backflow flow prevention device shall be installed, tested, and maintained at the customer’s expense.
The Utility provides sewage collection and disposal to the public in certain areas. This service is limited to the collection, treatment and disposal of waterborne human waste and waste from domestic activities such as washing, bathing, and food preparation. This service does not include the collection, treatment or disposal of high BOD o r TSS waste that cannot be reasonably processed by Utility’s state-approved wastewater treatment within the parameters of its state and federal wastewater discharge permits. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL OF STORM WATERS OR RUN OFF WATERS, WHICH MAY NOT BE DIVERTED INTO OR DRAINED INTO THE UTILITY’S COLLECTION SYSTEM. NO GREASE, OIL, SOLVENT, PAINT, OR OTHER TOXIC CHEMICAL COMPOUND MAY BE DIVERTED INTO OR DRAINED INTO THE UTILITY’S COLLECTION SYSTEM.
It shall be the customer’s responsibility to maintain the service line and appurtenances in good operating condition, i.e. clear of obstruction, defects, or blockage. If there is excessive infiltration of inflow or failure to provide proper pretreatment, the Utility ma y require the customer to repair the line or eliminate the infiltration or inflow or take such actions necessary to correct the problem.
LIMITATION ON UTILITYS PRODUCT/SERVICE LIABILITY:
Public water utilities are required to deliver water to the customer’s side of the meter or service connection which meets the potability and pressure standards of the PUC & TCEQ. The Utility will not accept liability for any injury or damage to individuals or their property occurring on the customer’s side of the meter when the me ter delivered meets these state standards. The Utility makes no representation or warranties (expressed or implied) that custome r’s appliances will not be damaged or disruptions of or fluctuations in sewer service whatever the cause. Utility will not accept liability for injuries or damages to persons or property due to disruption of water service caused by: 1) acts of God, 2) acts of thir d parties not subject to the control of Utility, 3) electrical power failures, or 4) termination of water service p ursuant to Utility’s tariff and the PUC rules.
PLUMBING RESTRICTIONS:The Utility adopts the Uniform Plumbing Code pursuant to TCEQ Rule 290.46(i).
The following unacceptable plumbing practices are prohibited by State regulations:
- No direct connection between the public drinking water supply and a potential source of contamination is permitted. Potential sources of contamination shall be isolated from the public Utility by an air-gap or an appropriate backflow prevention device.
- No cross-connection between public drinking water supply and a private Utility is permitted. These potential threats to the public drinking water supply shall be eliminated at the service connection by the installation of an air-gap or a reduced pressure-zone backflow prevention device.
- No connection of which allows water to be returned to the public drinking water is permitted.
- No pipe or pipe fitting which contains more than .025% lead may be used for the installation or repair of plumbing at any connection which provides water for human use
- No solder or flux, which contains more than 0.2% lead, can be used for installation or repair of plumbing at any connection which provides water for human use.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGREEMENT: The following are the terms of the Customer Service Agreement between the Utility and the
- The Utility will maintain a copy of the Agreement as long as the Customer and/or the premises are connected to the Utility.The customer shall allow his property to be inspected for possible cross-connection and other unacceptable plumbing practices. These inspections will be conducted by the Utility or its designated agent prior to initiating new water service; when there is reason to believe that cross-connections or other unacceptable plumbing practices exist; or after any major changes to the private plumbing facilities. The inspections shall be conducted during the Utility’s normal business hours.
- The Utility shall notify the Customer in writing of any cross-connection or unacceptable plumbing practice, which has been identified during the initial inspection or the periodic re-inspection.
- The Customer shall immediately correct any unacceptable plumbing on these premises.
- The Customer shall, at his expense, properly install, test, and maintain any backflow prevention device required by the Utility. Copies of all testing and maintenance records shall be provided to the Utility.
ENFORCEMENT: If the Customer fails to comply with the terms of the Customer Service Agreement, Quadvest, L.P. shall, at i ts option, terminate service or properly install, test, and maintain an appropriate backflow prevention device at the service connection. Any expenses associated with the enforcement of this Agreement shall be billed to the customer.
BY SIGNING THIS APPLICATION FOR PUBLIC UTILITY SERVICE I AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE UTILITY’S RULES AND TARIFF AND ALL RULES AND REGULATION OF THE PUC, TCEQ AND OTHER APPLICABLE REGULATORY AGENCIES. I AGREE TO REMAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UTILITY BILLS, AND PROVIDE PROMPT PAYMENT OF ALL UTILITY BILLS FOR THIS SERVICE ADDRESS FROM THE DATE SERVICE IS STARTED UNTIL THE DAY SERVICE IS TERMINATED. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NONPAYMENT OF AMOUNTS DUE TO QUADVEST WILL RESULT IN DISCONNECTION OF THE WATER SERVICE TO THE SERVICE ADDRESS AND A FEE SET BY QUADVEST IN ITS TARIFF WILL BE CHARGED AND MUST BE PAID BEFORE SERVICE WILL BE RECONNECTED. BY YOUR SIGNATURE BELOW, YOU AGREE, IN ORDER FOR US TO SERVICE YOUR ACCOUNT OR TO COLLECT ANY AMOUNTS YOU MAY OWE, WE MAY CONTACT YOU BY TELEPHONE AT ANY NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING WIRELESS TELEPHONE NUMBERS, WHICH COULD RESULT IN CHARGES TO YOU. WE MAY ALSO CONTACT YOU BY SENDING TEXT MESSAGES OR EMAILS, USING ANY EMAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE TO US. METHODS OF CONTACT MAY INCLUDE USING PRE-RECORDED/ARTIFICIAL VOICE MESSAGE AND/OR AN AUTOMATED DIALING DEVICE. THE UTILITY SHALL MAINTAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT AS LONG AS THE CUSTOMER AND/OR THE CUSTOMER’S PREMISES ARE CONNECTED TO THE UTILITY. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE RATES AND/OR TERMS OF SERVICE IN THE TARIFF MAY BE CHANGED BY FUTURE ORDER OF THE PUC OR OTHER REGULARTORY AUTHORITY HAVING JURISDICTION OVER THE UTILITIES RATES. I AGREE TO ABIDE BY SUCH CHANGES AS THEY OCCUR.